Question:1. Land eligibility criteria for taking up Seed Production?
1.Isolation distance to be maintained as per Seed Certification field standards.
2. Same crop / other varieties of the same crop should not have been sown
in previous season in the land where seed production is proposed.
3.The land should have assured irrigation.
4.Land / Area should be approachable to conduct frequent field inspections.
5. Minimum 25 acres of area under seed production to be organized in a single
2. Price Fixation?
Ans: 1. Paddy : Procurement price will be fixed considering average of highest market price of the variety for a period of 30 days and adding 20% towards incentive to the farmer.
2. Pulses: (Except Bengalgram) Procurement price will be fixed considering average of highest market price for a period of 45 days and adding 16% towards incentive to farmers.
3. Bengalgram: Procurement Price will be fixed considering average of highest market price for 30 days and adding 400/- per quintal towards incentive.
4. Groundnut & Oilseeds: Procurement price will be considering average of highest market price for a period of 30 days and adding Rs.400/- per quintal towards incentive.
3. Quality Control?
Ans: 1.Corporation distributes pre-tested quality Foundation seed to Seed Growers/ Organizers for production of Certified seed.
2.Qualified Technical Staff of Corporation conducts minimum 2 or 3 field inspections during crop stage.
3.Seed is procured only after seed lots under go quality tests in Seed Testing Lab of APSSCA and Quality Control Lab of Corporation and meet the standards specified as per the Indian Minimum Seed Certification.
4. Participants in Seed Production Programmes?
Ans: 1. Share Holder Growers - 5862 Nos.
2. Non Share Holder Growers - 3866 Nos.
3. Organizers registered with APSSCA - 116 Nos.